[SSSD] [RFC] Add basic support for CI test execution

Nikolai Kondrashov Nikolai.Kondrashov at redhat.com
Wed Jun 11 16:34:31 UTC 2014

On 06/11/2014 05:54 PM, Pavel Reichl wrote:

>>> Ignoring is not a good way for CI. We need to find a viable solution.
>>
>> I agree and I'm not saying we should ignore it always. This ignoring is to
>> enable CI earlier, so we can get at least *some* tests to run. And having CI
>> running these tests (even though they're ignored) will make fixing the
>> failures easier, than without the CI. If only for the ability to trigger
>> background runs on various distros at once. Once we have the issues fixed we
>> will enforce the check.
>>

> Is it viable option to somehow "store" current problems found by
> valgrind/clang/other tools and just report the new ones?
>
> Doing so would allow us to use all benefits of this tools without need
> to promptly fix issues created over years and we could use this approach
> to mask false positives.

We can use Valgrind suppressions to achieve something close to this. Clang
doesn't seem to have such facility, but it is probably possible to implement
one which would process resulting XML files.

However, I think that effort to do this is much greater than the effort
required to bring errors/warnings to zero, using various exception mechanisms
where necessary, and then simply keeping it there.

One thing that would probably need this is code coverage tracking. I'm
considering storing at least the overall score somewhere and comparing each
run to the previous commit, alerting on reduction. However, I wouldn't attempt
to implement this right now, as it is mostly a convenience. Perhaps a few
months later.

Nick