[SSSD] [DESIGN] Allow Kerberos Principals in getpwnam() calls

Jakub Hrozek jhrozek at redhat.com
Mon Jun 2 08:10:20 UTC 2014

On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 06:09:13PM +0200, Sumit Bose wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have summarized a thread on this list and added some additional
> information on
> https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/wiki/DesignDocs/NSSWithKerberosPrincipal
>
> For your convenience the text can be found below as well. Comments and
> suggestions are welcome.
>
> bye,
> Sumit

Very nice design page!

I fixed some typos while I was going through the text.

One question about the cache lookups -- do you plan on looking up the
user names in all domains first and then principals:

    for dom in domain:
        getpwnam(input)
    if not match:
        for dom in domain:
            get_user_by_princ(input)

or look up name and principal before moving on to the next domain?

    for dom in domain:
        getpwnam(input)
        if not match:
            get_user_by_princ(input)