[SSSD] NSS: Add config option to expand homedir template format

Lukas Slebodnik lslebodn at redhat.com
Mon Jun 2 05:26:49 UTC 2014

On (01/06/14 19:23), Jakub Hrozek wrote:
>On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 06:22:05PM +0200, Lukas Slebodnik wrote:

>> >In the third patch, you need to add the file
>> >src/man/include/override_homedir.xml into src/man/po/po4a.cfg to make sure
>> You ment homedir_substring.xml
>
>Yes :)
>

>> >it's processed for translations.
>> >
>> Added
>>
>> >Can you ask some native English speaker to check the contents of the
>> >text added?
>> >
>> >As a side note, it would be nice to treat any refactoring as an
>> >opportunity for adding more unit tests. Neither expand_homedir_template
>> >nor sss_parse_name_const have any tests.
>> The test for expand_homedir_template is in separate commit,
>> because patches with refactoring are complicated enough.
>>
>> LS
>
>Thanks for the unit test!
>
>I don't have any other comments about functionality or code, just please
>amend the man pages as Stephen suggested.
will do after agreement about allocation of homedir_ctx.
I do not want to send patchset more than once :-).

>One more improvement might be that you don't have to allocate the
>homedir_ctx most of the time,
It is just a *one* allocation and reason is to have a zero initialized
structure. If you really want to avoid one call of talloc_zero I can replace it
with structure allocated on stack and zeroing structure with memset.

>since the functions that consume them are
>synchronous. You can just allocate them on stack:
>    struct sss_homedir_ctx hctx;
>    hctx.name = name;
>
>Especially in responder we already do too many allocations..

LS