[SSSD] DEBUG macro refactoring v4

Jakub Hrozek jhrozek at redhat.com
Mon Jan 13 14:52:08 UTC 2014

On Sat, Jan 11, 2014 at 02:16:03PM +0200, Nikolai Kondrashov wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Here is the 4th and I hope the last version of my DEBUG macro refactoring
> patch set.
>
> Changes from the last version:
>
>     * Rebase on fresh master (761777f).
>     * Fix invocations of the updated "debug_fn" function to not assume it
>       filters by debug level (found by Jakub).
>     * Add patch to update debug levels in "sss_semanage_error_callback".
>     * Add patch to update debug level in a "backup_file" invocation.
>     * Add patch to reflow the new "debug_fn" to make it match coding
>       conventions better, as per Jakub's request (although I didn't make a
>       separate function as it doesn't seem to be necessary).
>     * Re-run both mass update scripts, instead of cherry-picking.
>     * Remove mentions of old/new debug levels in the patch removing the
>       conversion function (the last one).
>
> I built and tested the final results with "chmake", but did no other tests.
>
> Sincerely,
> Nick

Hi Nick,

These patches work for me. I had to rebase them on top of the current
master (sorry, I pushed Stef's patches before I checked the moderation
queue). Attached is a tarball with patches that include my
modifications, feel free to inspect it.

I have two questions, one for you and one for the whole development
team:
    1) Would you agree to squash patch #7 (the fixup) to patch #6? I can
    see the point of separating the mass-converted patch from the few
    places the mass conversion didn't work as expected, but at the same
    time I prefer that each patch compiles on its own to make sure in
    order to not break bisect.

    2) I'm wondering whether to push these patches to sssd-1-11, too.
    On one hand, there is always a risk of regressions with such large
    patchsets, on the other hand I don't like to force maintainers into
    backporting all the patches that are intended for 1.11. (Also, from
    a RHEL maintainer view, these patches wouldn't be accepted easily by
    RHEL..)