[SSSD] Design Discussion: D-Bus responder

Pavel Březina pbrezina at redhat.com
Mon Feb 24 11:32:04 UTC 2014

https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/wiki/DesignDocs/DBusResponder

Hi,
I couldn't find the original thread so I'm starting a new one. I would
like us to agree on best practice of naming methods. The current design
is somewhat inconsistent, since it uses e.g. FindUserByName(name) and
GetDomain(name) for obtaining one object path by name.

I'm proposing the following convention:
* List<class>() returning array of object paths, no arguments
   - ListUsers
   - ListDomains
* Find<class><condition>(arg1, ...) returning array of object paths
   - FindUsersByName(filter)
   - FindGroupsByName(filter)
* Get<class><condition>(arg1, ...) returning single object path
   - GetUserById(id)
   - GetDomainByName(name)