[SSSD] SSSD Configuration to resolve local users

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Wed Feb 12 20:37:35 UTC 2014

On 02/12/2014 03:36 AM, Abhishek Singh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My main motive is to show a demo of SSSD. Just want to know how it
> works. Both can work. IMO later will be better - to provide local
> users in addition to the system accounts stored in /etc/passwd.

The main purpose of SSSD is to connect system to remote identity server.
The simplest way to demonstrate is to install IPA.
yum ipa-server
ipa-server-install

This will install and configure SSSD. You will the nwould be able to add
users to IPA and authenticate using SSSD by for example loging as
different users.

This is IMO the fastest and simplest path. Just create an IPA VM.

> Thanks
>

> On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 1:51 AM, Jakub Hrozek <jhrozek at redhat.com
> <mailto:jhrozek at redhat.com>> wrote:
>
>     On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 03:02:56PM -0500, Dmitri Pal wrote:
>     > On 02/11/2014 11:13 AM, Abhishek Singh wrote:
>     > >Hi,
>     > >
>     > >I want to configure SSSD in order to resolve local users. Can
>     > >someone help me with the steps.
>     > >
>     > >
>     > >Thanks,
>     > >Abhishek
>     > >
>     > >
>     > >_______________________________________________
>     > >sssd-devel mailing list
>     > >sssd-devel at lists.fedorahosted.org
>     <mailto:sssd-devel at lists.fedorahosted.org>
>     > Do you want it to use local users from the files or you want it to
>     > provide local users in addition to the system accounts stored in
>     > /etc/passwd?
>
>     Right, can you describe the use case in more detail? What do you
>     want to
>     achieve in particular?

Thank you,
Dmitri Pal