[SSSD] Using the Reviewed-by git tag

Jakub Hrozek jakub.hrozek at gmail.com
Sun Feb 9 16:00:54 UTC 2014

Hi,

as we discussed with the other developers earlier this week, we should
start using Reviewed-by tag. As a benefit, we would easily see which
developer understands the code apart from the author without having to
resort to searching the mailing list.

I tried using the tag when pushing Pavel's recent patch reviewed by
Stephen, so you can see the result with:
git log -1 fd520622529e26682eb8fa4c5355db18399c3121

For the workflow, I followed the Samba guidelines pretty much
completely:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/CodeReview

Would this workflow work for everybody?

Also, do we gain anything by using Signed-off-by as well? I think we
wouldn't as the vast majority of patches are written by a single
contributor, so adding Signed-off-by would be mostly busywork, but I'd
like to hear other opinions.

When we agree on the workflow, we should add it to:
https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/wiki/DevelTutorials