[SSSD] could SSSD provide better integration with backends that PAM?

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at redhat.com
Fri Feb 7 08:09:51 UTC 2014

> On Thu, Feb 06, 2014 at 05:29:01PM +0100, Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos wrote:
> > (The scenario that the vpn server would benefit, is the case where a
> > user connects using TLS-client authentication, and the server -if it
> > could obtain the client's public key from SSS- it would verify the
> > client without any need for PKI).
> Jakub is currently working on an interface to make extended user
> information available via D-BUS. Assuming SSSD knows how to obtain the
> clients public key would it help you if you can read it from D-BUS?

So I suppose you propose to perform PAM authentication, and after the user
is authenticated, to query sss over D-BUS with the username to get any additional
information? That seems pretty ok with my use-case (though I'd prefer a C API).
Is there any information on that interface currently?

regards,
Nikos