[SSSD] Collapsing LDAP attribute name options into one

Nikolai Kondrashov Nikolai.Kondrashov at redhat.com
Tue Dec 16 13:49:16 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,

Reading the sssd-ldap manpage I was struck by how many of the options deal
with setting various LDAP attribute names. This really makes the manpage
crowded and hard to navigate.

What if we replace all these options with a single option, accepting a list of
mappings (e.g. "ldap_attr_map")? We can then put the descriptions and default
mappings in a nice table under that single option in the manpage and deprecate
the separate options.

Has this been suggested before? If not, what do you think?

Thanks.

Nick