[SSSD] Design Discussion: Domains, users and groups over D-Bus

Pavel Březina pbrezina at redhat.com
Tue Dec 16 13:26:22 UTC 2014

https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/wiki/DesignDocs/DBusResponder

Hi,
I have take the following tikcet that is about implementing D-Bus calls
for domains, users and groups. I have some questions.

https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/ticket/2150

*List and Find methods interface*
At this moment we implement all List* and Find* methods on
/org/freedesktop/sssd/infopipe and org.freedesktop.sssd.infopipe interface.

The patches I sent today enables having support for different interfaces
on /path and /path/*, therefore we can implement the methods as:

/infopipe/Users infopipe.Users.ListUsers()
/infopipe/Users/$UID user specific methods and properties

instead of:
/infopipe infopipe.ListUsers()
/infopipe/Users/$UID user specific methods and properties

I think it make sense. Is this something we want?

*Domains*
The interface from the design page is already implemented. Is there any
method or property that is missing?

*Users*
Do we want also to have methods ListDomainUsers() and ListUsers()
without the name filter?

Do we want some other filter options as well?

Should extraAttributes be present in Properties.GetAll() output?

What is UpdateGroupList() supposed to do?

Property groups - do we really want to return list of object paths
instead of pure group names? I think that more common use case will want
only the names. Or we can even implement both.

*Groups*
Basically the same questions and per Users.