[SSSD] krb5_keytab and ldap_krb5_keytab. What's the difference?

Sumit Bose sbose at redhat.com
Mon Sep 2 07:56:16 UTC 2013

On Mon, Sep 02, 2013 at 01:18:36AM +0200, steve wrote:
> Hi
> 1.11.0
>
> In one config this works:
> krb5_keytab = /etc/krb5.keytab
> but this doesn't:
> ldap_krb5_keytab = /etc/krb5.keytab
>
> What should I be using and what's the difference?

ldap_krb5_keytab is used by the LDAP provider to authenticate against a
LDAP server with SASL/GSSAPI.

krb5_keytab is used by the Kerberos provider if ticket validation is
enabled.

Typically both default to /etc/krb5.keytab because the host key is a
good key for both.

To say why one setting is working and the other not, I need a bit more
context, the full config for both cases might help as a start.

bye,
Sumit