[SSSD] [SSSD-users] Announcing SSSD 1.11.2

Simo Sorce simo at redhat.com
Thu Oct 31 12:17:20 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-10-31 at 00:25 +0100, Jakub Hrozek wrote:

> == Feature removal ==
>
> * The Kerberos provider is no longer able to create public directories
>   when evaluating the krb5_ccachedir option. This is a backwards-incompatible
>   change. Creating public directories is something the system administrator
>   should perform in order for the directories to have the correct permissions
>   and allow the authentication daemon to create user directories as private
>   only.

Just a little note about this.
The reason why the feature was removed is that it was impossible to
determine when the admin wanted a public vs private dir w/o changing the
format, so we thought it better to avoid the situation entirely.

If anyone was relying on this behavior (unlikely) to create dirs in
tmpfs like filesystems, they can instead use the tmpfiles.d(5) facility
on Fedora and elsewhere to automatically create directories with
whatever ownership and permissions at boot time.

HTH,
Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York