[SSSD] Build Fixes

Lukas Slebodnik lslebodn at redhat.com
Wed Oct 16 15:46:13 UTC 2013

On (15/10/13 13:07), Simo Sorce wrote:
>On Tue, 2013-10-15 at 14:39 +0200, Lukas Slebodnik wrote:
>> 3. IIRC, sssd can be build with ldap without sasl support, but ipa
>> provider
>>    will not work. And it should be similar with ad provider. I would
>> prefer
>>    to use conditional build instead of failing if ldap does not
>> support sasl.
>>    Because with your patch, sssd could not be build without sasl
>> library and
>>    someone can use sssd only with ldap provider (and he doesn't care
>> about
>>    sasl)
>
>Lukas,
>I think it is fine to consider SASL a hard dependency for SSSD, although
>we shouldn't force it to be cyrus-sasl, it is unlikely openldap will
>move any time to soon to an alternative library, so just pretending
>cyrus-sasl is the only one we care about is fine.
We have optional dependencies in sssd
  --robust mutexes
  --pac responder

SSSD can be built with openladap without sasl provider.
In this case:
    ldap works
    ldap + krb5 works
    ipa doesn't work, error message is written in log file

This is a reason why I think SASL can be optional (but recommend) dependency
in sssd. For me, it is overkill to add strong dependency on SASL only for small
patch in ad-provider.

>That said I agree just checking sasl is installed does not mean openldap
>has been built with it, so we need better detection for openldap.
I agree, but this is not problem.

LS