[SSSD] DEBUG macro refactoring

Nikolai Kondrashov Nikolai.Kondrashov at redhat.com
Thu Oct 10 14:03:15 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

I've been looking at the sssd sources for some test failure investigation and
noticed that the DEBUG macro expands to quite a lot of code. I decided to see
if it can be reduced and what the impact will be. The result is the patches
that follow.

I've noticed that the total size of installed binaries produced by the
standard Fedora build with "reconfig && chmake" drops by 20% after applying
these patches.

A build on Debian, configured similarly to the one used in the Debian package
dropped by 44%.

I've verified that all the patches build and pass the tests run by "chmake",
but otherwise haven't tested them.

Sincerely,
Nick