[SSSD] Configuring SSSD expire policy with OpenLDAP and SSH.

Viviano, Brad Viviano.Brad at epa.gov
Fri Nov 22 19:51:03 UTC 2013

Hello,
   I've searched extensively and haven't found an answer to this.  I have a RHEL6.4 system running slapd version 2.4.23-32.el6_4.1 with sssd version 1.9.2-82.11.el6_4.  I've configured OpenLDAP to use ppolicy.  Everything (password expires, account locked, grace periods, etc) is working beautifully if the user logs in with their password.  But if they have an SSH public key, then even if the account in OpenLDAP is locked, the user can still login.
    I can't seem to find a FAQ on configuring OpenLDAP and SSSD in regards to ppolicy settings for this case.  I hope I am just missing something simple.  Any suggestions or pointers would be much appreciated.

    Thanks,
         -Brad Viviano

Brad Viviano
High Performance Computing & Scientific Visualization
Lockheed Martin, Supporting the EPA
Research Triangle Park, NC
919-541-2696

HSCSS Task Order Lead - Ravi Nair
919-541-5467 - Nair.Ravi at epa.gov
High Performance Computing Subtask Lead - Durward Jones
919-541-5043 - Jones.Durward at epa.gov
Environmental Modeling and Visualization Lead - Heidi Paulsen
919-541-1834 - Paulsen.Heidi at epa.gov