[SSSD] Design Discussion: IPA Server Mode

Jakub Hrozek jhrozek at redhat.com
Thu May 30 12:11:14 UTC 2013

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 02:07:00PM +0200, Sumit Bose wrote:
> On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 01:20:15PM +0200, Sumit Bose wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have created a design page for one of the next major features of SSSD
> > at https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/wiki/DesignDocs/IPAServerMode . The
> > basic idea is that if SSSD is running on a FreeIPA server it should help
> > the FreeIPA server to look up users and groups from trusted domains.
> >
> > For your convenience the content can be found below as well.
> >
> > Comments are suggestions are welcome.
> >
> > bye,
> > Sumit
> >

> Thanks to Jakub and Dmitri for their suggestions. I have updated the
> page accordingly. Comments are suggestions are still welcome :-)
>
> bye,
> Sumit

We had a discussion in the morning with Alexander on #sssd. He suggested
that the SSSD might expose the list of trusted AD domains maybe via
libnss_sss_idmap. I think this would work and this library would be the
good place to add the functionality.

Also I will open a new ticket to store additional information about
trusted domains that IPA needs.