[SSSD] can't build 1.10.0beta1 missing Samba 4 development libraries

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Tue May 7 11:40:50 UTC 2013

On 07/05/13 10:15, Jakub Hrozek wrote:

> As the configure script told you, you're missing the Samba 4 devel
> libraries. Is there anything like samba4-devel in OpenSuse? Or maybe a
> package that provides the ndr.h header file?

Hi
It seems that those libs are only available after building Samba4. There
is a repo for samba4-devel but it depends on Samba4 so I thought I'd
build it anyway. I copied the lib it produced to /usr/lib. It wouldn't
work by adding /usr/local/samba/lib to the path (?).

Any idea on the Ubuntu build error in the earlier post?
Thanks,
Steve