[SSSD] BUILD.txt for 1.10.0

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Sun Jun 30 08:17:00 UTC 2013

Hi everyone.

A big thanks for the 1.10.0 release. We have been in production 24/7
with 6 clients on AD since Thursday without issues. The highlight for us
is the dyndns updates. It has been worth every second in the lab.

The only minor problem we had was with the instructions. We had to refer
to the beta BUILD.txt to get it built with:
autoreconf -i -f && ./configure && make

The link to:
https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/wiki/DevelTutorials
is confusing. We had no idea how to get:
reconfig
chmake
sssinstall

I realise that you guys work for Red Hat but would it be possible to
include something for inexperienced users like ourselves in BUILD.txt?

sssd can be built on Fedora with the following dependencies:
gettext gettext-devel libtool pcre-devel c-ares-devel \
    python-devel popt-devel doxygen bind-utils libnl3-devel \
    samba-devel glib2-devel dbus-devel libxslt docbook-style-xsl \
    nspr-devel libxml2 \
    libtevent libtevent-devel libtalloc libtalloc-devel \
    libtdb libtdb-devel libldb libldb-devel \
    libselinux-devel libsemanage-devel \
    nss-devel pam-devel openldap-devel krb5-devel \
    check-devel libcmocka-devel \
    libcollection-devel libdhash-devel libini_config-devel \
    libpath_utils-devel libref_array-devel

then a:
reconfig && chmake
from the source folder.

It can be then installed by:
sudo sssinstall

To get started with other distributions try:
autoreconf -i -f && ./configure && make
sudo make install
This will install sssd under /usr/local
On a 32bit system, copy /usr/lib/libnss* to /lib and place your
sssd.conf at /usr/local/etc/sssd

Cheers,
Steve