[SSSD] Planning the 1.10.1 release

Jakub Hrozek jhrozek at redhat.com
Wed Jul 17 13:23:50 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'd like to propose that we release 1.10.1 and target the rest of the 1.10 open
bugs for 1.10.2. I think there are enough bugs fixed upstream to justify
the release. In particular:

    * Another dircache creation issue where the directory might be
      created with UID 0. There was a user on #sssd who hit the problem
      and another one contacted me with e-mail directly.
    * sssd_be process might crash in case of dyndns update timeout. There
      were several bug reports about this problem already
    * Several packaging patches that fixed problems introduced by the
      split of providers into subpackages
    * In case SRV resolution failed (which is quite common these
      days after bootup if NM is used as resolv.conf might be empty) we
      didn't re-set the server status properly when we received inotify
      nofitication about resolv.conf being updated.

Are there any objections against releasing the 1.10.1 tarball ? If not I
would do the release either later today or tomorrow. Probably the
latter so that the US colleagues have enough time to voice concerns
about the release.