[SSSD] krb5.conf on IPA server and SSSD setup

Sumit Bose sbose at redhat.com
Thu Jan 31 10:41:56 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 11:31:35AM +0100, Pavel Březina wrote:
> On 01/29/2013 09:50 PM, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
> >krb5.conf manual page states that includedir allows to source all
> >files which names are constructed from alpha-numeric chars, dashes and
> >underscores.
> >
> >Files with other characters are ignored. So dots as in
> >domain_realm_example.com are ignored and our mapping is never sourced.
>
> Does anybody know what is the purpose of this restriction?

from util/profile/prof_parse.c:

/*
 * Include files within dirname.  Only files with names consisting entirely of
 * alphanumeric chracters, dashes, and underscores are included, in order to
 * avoid including editor backup files, .rpmsave files, and the like.
 */
static errcode_t parse_include_dir(char *dirname, struct parse_state
*state)

HTH

bye,
Sumit