[SSSD] authentication problem causes log to fill up disk.

Mark London mrl at psfc.mit.edu
Tue Feb 19 13:37:37 UTC 2013

Hi - I'm using SSSD 1.8.93 on redhat, which has worked great for many
many months.  Recently, the certificate for our ldap server expired, and
then an incorrect one was installed.  This is has caused SSSD
authentications to intermittently fail, and the SSSD log files start to
fill up with constant messages, like the following:

(Mon Feb 18 14:00:15 2013) [sssd[nss]] [accept_fd_handler] (0x0020):
Accept failed [Too many open files]

This caused the system disk to be totally filled up, breaking everything
else running on the server.  Perhaps SSSD could try to automatically
restart, when this error message is encountered?  Or perhaps someone can
suggest a better solution to this problem.  Thanks. - Mark