[SSSD] home directory issue; oddjob_mkhomedir issue

Yassir Elley yelley at redhat.com
Wed Dec 18 15:21:00 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
> On Tue, 17 Dec 2013, Yassir Elley wrote:
> >Hi guys,
> >
> >I am getting the following two warnings running with the latest F20 sssd
> >bits:
> >
> >[yelley at f20-laptop ~]$ ssh allowed_user at FOO.COM@localhost
> >allowed_user at FOO.COM@localhost's password:
> >org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name
> >com.redhat.oddjob_mkhomedir was not provided by any .service files
> >Could not chdir to home directory /home/foo.com/allowed_user: No such file
> >or directory
> >
> >Any ideas?
> systemctl enable oddjobd
>
> Nobody enables the service.

The oddjobd service is already enabled, but, for some reason, it is inactive (dead).

[yelley at f20-laptop ~]$ systemctl status oddjobd
oddjobd.service - privileged operations for unprivileged applications
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/oddjobd.service; enabled)
   Active: inactive (dead)

In any case, calling "systemctl start oddjobd" starts the service and the issues go away.

Thanks,
Yassir.