[SSSD] Could not create empty directory [tests_krb5_utils]. Please remove [tests_krb5_utils].

Jakub Hrozek jhrozek at redhat.com
Wed Dec 4 14:03:55 UTC 2013

On Tue, Dec 03, 2013 at 03:29:53PM -0800, Antek Baranski wrote:
> Hi there
>
> I grabbed the sources for the 1.11.2 release (
> https://fedorahosted.org/released/sssd/sssd-1.11.2.tar.gz) and tried to
> build the rpm packages on a CentOS 6.4 (2.6.32-358.23.2.el6.x86_64) and it
> fails because of the krb5_util tests and subsequent check_and_open tests.
>
> I googled the error and it looks like this was discussed in 2012 already
> https://lists.fedorahosted.org/pipermail/sssd-devel/2012-June/010098.html,
> but the resolution is unclear to me. I"ve read the docs but was not able to
> find anything specific about how to 'fix' the problem, short of literally
> removing the references from the Makefile.am and building that way.

I think that at one point, you ran the tests as root, so subsequent runs
as an unprivileged user fail. Did you specify any location of
--with-test-dir ? When building RPMs, the test_krb5_utils directory is stored in
/dev/shm, otherwise in the source dir directly.

Can you check and remove the directory manually?