[SSSD] problem with AD nested group expansion, maybe?

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Wed Dec 4 08:19:44 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-12-04 at 00:55 +0000, Greg.Lehmann at csiro.au wrote:
> It was defined in the first message. Same machine. All I am doing is stopping sssd clearing cache dbs, restarting and doing some getents on passwd and group entries.

Hi
We have similar (nothing deep) nesting and had similar issues on
openSUSE with 1.9.5. It seems to be fixed on 1.11.x. It's a real pain to
build and install but you could do us all a big favour by putting
pressure on SUSE to get up to date with sssd by informing them of your
problems with the existing version and success with a 1.11 version.
They'll listen more to an sles user than us!

On a side note, I'm surprised that it _sometimes_ works. Are you sure
you don't have nscd active?

Sorry this is not exactly what you want to hear but I predict that if
you can find the time for the build, it would resolve the nesting.
Cheers,
Steve