[SSSD] Ubuntu sssd updates

Rowland Penny repenny241155 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 12:18:36 UTC 2013

On 29/08/13 12:21, Timo Aaltonen wrote:
> On 29.08.2013 09:16, Rowland Penny wrote:
>> I repeat, before the sssd updates my computer worked perfectly, after
>> the update it did not, only change was the update, or to put it another
>> way: 17:45 GMT working and update started, 17:55 GMT not working. Now it
>> could have been something else that went wrong, but the cure was
>> downloading and installing a later version.
> Well, I don't see any way how the sssd update could have anything to do
> with it, but if you can reproduce the issue then I'd like to see some logs.

Firstly, I am not about to go through all that again. secondly, if
before the update everything worked ok, then approx 10mins later after
the update it didn't, is a very good clue where the problem lies.

I rebooted the pc a couple of times and had the same problem, no domain
users because sssd was only half running.
I purged sssd after getting back in as a local user, to do this (because
the pc hung when trying to stop sssd) I had to delete the sssd binary
and then force the pc to shutdown, I then restarted the pc, logged in as
the local user, purged sssd and rebooted again. I then re-installed sssd
again to get exactly the same problem, the only way I found to cure my
problem, and I tried this in desperation, was to download, compile and
install 1.10.1. If this isn't enough evidence to show that there is a
problem with the update then I do not what to say.

I know that this is not enough for you to even try to sort out the
problem, but I cannot give you any more info, there is nothing in any of
the logs.

Rowland