[SSSD] Ubuntu sssd updates

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Wed Aug 28 16:15:36 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-08-28 at 11:03 -0400, Chris Hartman wrote:
> Rowland actually emailed me some nice build instructions that maybe
> should be on a wiki somewhere?
>

> Also, I'm actually trying to build debs of 1.10.1 since I need the
> package installed on several machines. I will use Rowland's directions
> as a starting point for deb-creation documentation.
>

> Are these instructions of interest to anyone? Is there a good
> repository for these type of instructions is this type of
> documentation not a priority?

Hi
Rowland was good enough to send the documentation too.

To be fair, this is the dev list so we really should be letting them get
on with the coding.

I must say though that it's been a struggle getting sssd built on
distros. The only 'official' instructions are for Fedora. I've had
success on both openSUSE and Ubuntu but it was very much trial and
error. There have been issues with libtool and since 1.10, the
dependency on samba4-dev. The account of my struggles leading to buiding
sssd are here:
http://linuxcostablanca.blogspot.com.es/2013/04/sssd-build-on-opensuse.html
and some config possibilities here including thhe nice new dynamic dns
updates here:
http://linuxcostablanca.blogspot.com.es/2013/04/sssd-in-samba-40.html

Having said that, any problem I've with the build and config has been
addressed by the devs here on the list, usually the same day. Very good.

HTH
Steve