[SSSD] Ubuntu sssd updates

Timo Aaltonen tjaalton at ubuntu.com
Wed Aug 28 13:30:01 UTC 2013

On 28.08.2013 12:08, Jakub Hrozek wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 09:49:57AM +0100, Rowland Penny wrote:

>>> Sounds like something to bring up in your distribution bug tracker?
>>>
>>> What version did you upgrade to (and from) that was broken? Maybe you hit
>>> some bug that was fixed later.
>> Ok, I am not sure what exact ubuntu version of sssd I had, it was
>> 1.9.4-something, Ubuntu issued a raft of sssd updates
>>
>> libipa-hbac-dev     libipa-hbac0     libnss-sss     libpam-sss
>> libsss-idmap0     libsss-sudo     python-libipa-hbac     python-sss
>> sssd-tools
>>
>> I ended up with version 1.9.4-0ubuntu4.2
>>
>> Before the updates, sssd worked perfectly, after the update, sssd
>> did not work at all, my pc hung and when I did get back in as a
>> local user, the domain was not visible. Downloading 1.10.1,
>> compiling and installing over the installed sssd packages cured the
>> problem, so the cause must have been the update.
>>
>> I think the relevant ubuntu bug is 903752, this refers to
>> 'libpwquality' for which a certain 'Timo Aaltonen' provided an
>> update for on the 9/7/2013 and 'Adam Conrad' finally released the
>> fix on 24/8/13, this fix hit my pc on 27/8/13 and made my pc
>> unusable.
>>
>> I do not have an account at ubuntu to report the bug, so I thought
>> that I would cut out the monkeys and come direct to the organ
>> grinder ;-) , could you please get 'Timo Aaltonen' to talk to 'Adam
>> Conrad' and sort out the problem.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Rowland
>
> I can certainly CC Timo and ask him if this is something that rings a
> bell :-)

First time I hear about this. All the update did was fix a path on the
apparmor profile, assuming you were running 1.9.4-0ubuntu4.1. And I know
nothing about Mint.

903752 has nothing to do with this, it's just a meta-bug about moving
sssd in the 'main' repository, making it officially supported and
available to the installer and such in the future.