[SSSD] override_homedir exception

Jakub Hrozek jhrozek at redhat.com
Fri Aug 23 11:35:49 UTC 2013

On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 01:27:48PM +0200, Jean-Baptiste Denis wrote:
> On 08/23/2013 12:23 PM, Lukas Slebodnik wrote:
>
> > This looks similar to ticket https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/ticket/1853
> > or do you have any other requirements?
>
> Hi,
>
> I don't see how I could leverage this functionality in my scenario.
>
> Here is my situation :
>
> On a specific server, I'm using override_homedir = /home/%u to override
> the homeDirectory attribute from my LDAP directory (which has a form
> like /company/home/usergroup/login).
>
> For a specific user on this server, I'd like to keep and honor the
> homeDirectory attribute.
>
> Did I miss something in the ticket ?
>
> Jean-Baptiste

I don't think this is possible with the current configuration options.

I can only think about a terrible hack -- set two domains, filter the
single user you want to keep the original homedir from the first domain.

Something like:

[sssd]
domains = dom1, dom2

[domain/dom1]
override_homedir = /home/%u
filter_users = joe

id_provider = ldap
ldap_uri = ldap://ds.example.com

[domain/dom2]
id_provider = ldap
ldap_uri = ldap://ds.example.com

This *should* make the request for "getent passwd joe" skip the first
domain and go to the second one..untested and quite a dirty hack, but
might do the job.