[SSSD] sss_cache --everything

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Wed Aug 7 15:25:08 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-08-07 at 08:07 -0400, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> On 08/07/2013 07:48 AM, steve wrote:
> > On Wed, 2013-08-07 at 13:17 +0200, Jakub Hrozek wrote:
> >>>

> >> What kind of script?
> >
> > #!/bin/bash systemctl stop sssd rm /usr/local/var/lib/sss/db/*
> > systemctl start sssd
> >

> It's worth noting that sss_cache does not *delete* the cache contents,
> it only marks them all as expired. This means you don't lose cached
> credentials and if your LDAP server isn't available to repopulate the
> cache, you still have access to the old, expired data until it is.

Hi
OK, maybe I should explain our frustration. A college where students
come and go and change courses. This involves changes in AD. Just
something to say e.g. student1 has left or change his group from course1
to course2 or remove him from that course or group. Something like
turning off nscd when you run nss-ldapd. Imagine doing it for a whole
class as and when the student returns, a bit at a time. We don't want
old expired data. At the end of the class neither we nor the student
have any need for it.
Cheers