[SSSD] debbuging, how to turn off cache [SOLVED]

Jakub Hrozek jhrozek at redhat.com
Fri Apr 19 09:24:00 UTC 2013

On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 11:08:23AM +0200, Jakub Hrozek wrote:
> Can you try getting a core file using the tips me and Timo Aaltonen gave
> earlier in the thread?

btw if getting the core file turns out to be problematic, maybe a
backtrace would be enough. You would install debugging symbols first, I
think on Ubuntu it would be with something like "apt-get install
sssd-dbg".

Then attach a gdb to the sssd_be process, turn on logging (gdb would
log to gdb.txt by default I think) and resume the execution of sssd_be:

# gdb program $(pidof sssd_be)
# (gdb) set logging on
# (gdb) continue

And run the test case. When the SSSD crashes, you could also save the
core file:
# (gdb) generate-core-file

Thank you for your help debugging this problem!