[SSSD] debbuging, how to turn off cache [SOLVED]

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Thu Apr 18 12:12:16 UTC 2013

>>> Group membership changes propogate in our environment just fine within a
>>> reasonable period of time.  What should we be talking by default,
>>> 5 minutes?
>> Hi
>> OK. I've just removed a user from a group and logged in as that
>> user. After 30 minutes id, getent and tests on what he can access
>> still show him to be a member. That's too long.
>>
>  From man sssd.conf:
>
>   entry_cache_timeout (integer)
>      How many seconds should nss_sss consider entries valid
>      before asking the backend again
>
>      Default: 5400
>
> So the default cache lifetime is 5400 seconds, you can set a shorter one
> if you need the entries to be updated more frequently.
Hi.
It has no effect . I set:

  entry_cache_timeout = 10
and restarted sssd, waited for a minute or so but still getent, id and permissions of the user were still those of being a group member. This suggests that the cache is still being consulted. It sometimes works, but after a variable length of time. The current test (removing a user from a group) has been running for 20 minutes but still the user is a member of the group. Stuck!