[SSSD] Trying to get id proxy to work

Joshua C. Endries jce54 at cornell.edu
Thu Oct 18 13:43:30 UTC 2012

Hi Jakub,

Thanks for the response! I'm using Outlook so the quoting is manual, sorry for that.

> Yep, pam_sss claims it doesn't know the user.
>
> Is "sss" included on the "passwd" and "group" lines of /etc/nsswitch.conf?

So does this mean that sssd is talking to PAM, which is then talking to NSS? Yes, "sss" is in nsswitch.conf:

passwd:     files sss
shadow:     files
group:      files sss

> Does "getent passwd -s sss jce54" work?

Nope. I tested this after Googling, and it just returns without any output. IIRC, the return code was 2, but I'd have to re-test it (which means dismantling the working auth, starting my sessions, re-enabling sssd)...

> Which SSSD version are you running? The one from stock RHEL5? (I suspect
> so, because of the decimal debug levels..)

sssd-client-1.5.1-49.el5_8.3
sssd-1.5.1-49.el5_8.3
sssd-client-1.5.1-49.el5_8.3

> Interestingly enough, I tried the same configuration locally and I'm
> getting an error as well -- but a different one.. I'll try to debug the
> issue and report back.

Great, looking to forward to hearing from you

Josh