[SSSD] IPA client randomly lose memory of users

Simo Sorce simo at redhat.com
Fri Nov 30 22:39:06 UTC 2012

On Fri, 2012-11-30 at 17:21 -0500, Qing Chang wrote:
> my dovecot IMAP server would randomly lose memory of users, as an example:
>
> Samba/NFS server knows this user:
> [root at smb2 shassan]# getent passwd bqiang
> bqiang:*:47105:471:Beiping Qiang:/home2/bqiang:/bin/tcsh
>
> But dovecot server does not:
> [root at dovecot2 ~]# getent passwd bqiang
>
> Only when I apply this:
> [root at dovecot2 ~]# \rm /var/lib/sss/db/cache_sri.utoronto.ca.ldb
> [root at dovecot2 ~]# service sssd restart

Is it necessary to remove the ldb file, or does a simple restart 'fix'
things ?

> It gets it:
> [root at dovecot2 ~]# getent passwd bqiang
> bqiang:*:47105:471:Beiping Qiang:/home2/bqiang:/bin/tcsh
>
> So far I have to deal with this for three users. It's quite possible
> that there are more than 3 that are affected, they were just patient
> enough to wait until dovecot "recovers its memory".
>
> =====
> sssd.x86_64                      1.8.0-32.el6              @rhel-x86_64-server-6
> sssd-client.x86_64               1.8.0-32.el6              @rhel-x86_64-server-6
> =====
>
> Your help is much appreciated.

Is it possible for you to raise the log level, or would that slow down
your production environment too much ?

In that case do you have any hints on how we could reproduce this
issue ? Have you notice if it happens periodically, or after specific
events ?

Thanks,
Simo.

--