[SSSD] simple access provider / non-sss users

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Sat Nov 17 00:12:02 UTC 2012

On 11/16/2012 12:55 PM, Dmitri Pal wrote:

> Would moving such accounts into local sssd provider help?

Hmm, that would be similar in concept to proxying nss_files, although
certainly less kludgy on the sss side. However, we have existing
procedures and scripts which currently assume local service accounts
exist in the /etc/passwd file, I'd have to track all of those down and
make sure they were updated. And there'd still be "local" accounts in
/etc/passwd added by packages and whatnot, resulting in multiple
locations for local users and possible uid allocation issues.

So, no, I don't think that's a workable option, at least not one whose
effort is low enough to make it worth replacing pam_listfile though.

Thanks for the suggestion...