[SSSD] [Freeipa-devel] [RANT] Patchwork process

Simo Sorce simo at redhat.com
Fri Nov 2 15:27:26 UTC 2012

On Fri, 2012-11-02 at 11:16 -0400, John Dennis wrote:
> On 11/02/2012 10:56 AM, Simo Sorce wrote:
> > I do not like the trac approach because it is not automatic, so it is
> > completely inconsistent, and also because trac is extremely slow.
>
> Factoring out the whole patchwork issue I do have to agree with Simo
> that using trac is painful because it's so slow. I've learned to live
> with it but it is annoying.

I do use it when I have to update a ticket, but I would never use it to
quickly glance at patches.

Before patchwork I was doing it painfully (but at least fast enough) in
the MUA. However doing it in the mail client is not easy because you
have to manually weed off all the non-patch traffic. And you can only do
so much to represent status.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York