[SSSD] sssd & AD frequently disconnecting

Ondrej Valousek webserv at s3group.cz
Mon May 21 13:02:46 UTC 2012

On 05/21/2012 02:44 PM, Jakub Hrozek wrote:
> It's hard to tell from a short snippet..can you paste more context,
> especially before the failed connection attempt?
>
> Because the snippet says that the *server* status is working, but *port 389*
> is not working, I assume that there is also a Kerberos port configured in
> the sssd.conf on the dcpra1.XXX machine and the Kerberos attempt failed
> before SSSD got to resolving the LDAP service.
>
> The fail over mechanism distinguishes between a server and a port
> because it's quite possible that one machine runs several services and
> only one of the services can be down. At the same time, if the server
> cannot even be resolved, the fail over shouldn't (and can't) try
> connecting to any of the ports configured.
Ok, that was most likely a fake alarm - after deeper log investigation it looked out like sssd was unable to lookup KDC for a given realm.
I had 2 dns servers in my resolv.conf - the 1st one could not handle SRV lookups well, the second was fine.
The problem went away after removing the 1st one - will keep monitoring it.

Thanks,
Ondrej