[SSSD] Resolve link failure in sssd-1.8.3 on newer binutils

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Mon May 14 11:29:07 UTC 2012

On Fri, 2012-05-11 at 23:02 +0200, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
> On Friday 2012-05-11 20:31, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> >>  sssd_be_LDADD = \
> >> -    $(SSSD_LIBS) \
> >> +    -ldl $(SSSD_LIBS) \
> >>      $(CARES_LIBS) \
> >>      libsss_util.la
> >>  sssd_be_LDFLAGS = \
> >
> >While there's nothing wrong with this patch, you SHOULD be picking up
> >the -ldl requirement from pkg-config for nss crypto.
>
> Even if I were building against nss (I do need to change from
> crypto to nss indeed), it would not resolve, since there is no -ldl
> in nss.pc:
>
> prefix=/usr
> exec_prefix=${prefix}
> libdir=/usr/lib64
> includedir=${prefix}/include/nss3
>
> Name: NSS
> Version: 3.13.3
> Requires: nspr >= 4.9.0
> Libs: -lssl3 -lsmime3 -lnss3 -lnssutil3
> Cflags: -I${includedir}

Yeah, I think we just have different implementations of that file on
Fedora/RHEL. Our NSS module contains the -ldl in Libs:

That said, I agreed that your approach was the correct one (we should
not have been relying on linking by luck), and it's been committed
upstream. So thank you very much for your contribution.