[SSSD] Cached user info?

Braden McDaniel braden at endoframe.com
Fri May 11 17:21:18 UTC 2012

On 5/11/12 10:22 AM, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-05-11 at 10:19 -0400, Braden McDaniel wrote:
>> As I mentioned at the top of the thread, I changed the local group GID
>> on the Fedora 16 installation to 989 (from 990) to match the Fedora 17
>> installation.  Things appear to be working fine on the Fedora 16
>> installation.  (But it occurs to me that if I were to try to join a new
>> group with GID 990 on the Fedora 16 installation, I might see things go
>> squirrelly there, too.)
>>
>> Should I have removed the local mock group on both installations?
>>

> Yes, if you're maintaining it in LDAP, you should remove it locally.
> Otherwise, the client system will never ask LDAP for it. (It always
> checks the local files first, and ignores LDAP if it's found locally).

Okay, does this apply across the board?  In particular, what about a
group like "users"?  groupdel tells me I can't just delete it because
"games" is a member.  Do I need to maintain the "games" user in LDAP as
well?  Or should I instead be finding a way to force removal of the
local "users" group?

Maintaining the "games" user in LDAP, while certainly conceivable, just
strikes me as a little unintuitive since it's not a "regular" user.

Braden