[SSSD] Cached user info?

Jan Zelený jzeleny at redhat.com
Fri May 11 07:41:18 UTC 2012

> > > Sounds promising... but I tried that (as well as -U and -N), restarted
> > > sssd, logged out and logged back in... and still the user appears to be
> > > a member of pulse-access (rather than mock).
> >
> > And when you run getent group mock, the GID is correct or still wrong?
>
> $ getent group mock
> mock:x:989:
>
> That's correct (that is, it's consistent with that's in LDAP); but it
> was correct before, too.

Ah, sorry for that, I guess I misunderstood.

When I return to the beginning: first of all I'm not sure what do you mean by
your two installations having different GID for group mock - if they both use
SSSD + the LDAP server, they should both have the same GID.

One thing I'm also curious about is if the user is actually LDAP user or local
user. If it's a local user, I'd say that might be causing your problems. If
it's LDAP user, could you try to run ldbsearch -H
/var/lib/sss/db/cache_<sssd_domain_name>.ldb and paste me the object
representing the user? You can also look if there is a group object with GID
990 just to be sure.

One other idea, try to grep if there is a local group with GID 989, that might
also be the problem. id -G might give you some more information about this as
well.

Thanks
Jan