[SSSD] Using SSSD with Samba 4 (ldap_result error: [Can't contact LDAP server]) [FIXED]

Rubin rubin at xs4all.nl
Tue May 8 13:10:52 UTC 2012

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the quick reply. I was suspecting that this referal stuff was
breaking things so I tried setting:

	ldap_user_search_base = ou=organization,dc=raaftech,dc=nl
	ldap_group_search_base = cn=users,dc=raaftech,dc=nl

And sure enough, the nss part was now working; I suppose that is because
I'm not running into referal records in these specific search-bases! Now
I still got into trouble with the pam part though and kept getting
"System Error 4" messages. Setting:

	ldap_referrals = False

Fixed this! I can now login to my Linux systems using Samba 4 and SSSD,
Thanks for the tip + prompt response!

I've attached a working sssd.conf file for other people who might run
into these issues when making SSSD talk to Samba 4. I've also attached
the neccessary MSFU30 ldif files that I created and used to make Samba 4
a real "Server for NIS" Domain so you can use the regular ADUC client
tool to administer "UNIX Attributes". If other readers want to use these
files, make sure you replace elohim, raaftech, raaftech.nl and
dc=raaftech,dc=nl strings with ones that make sense for you. You can
import these ldif files with a client like "Apache Directory Studio".

Kind regards + thanks for the great work + support,

Rubin Simons,
RAAF Technology