[SSSD] Unspecified error loading config db

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Wed Jun 27 23:14:33 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-06-28 at 01:01 +0200, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
> On Wednesday 2012-06-27 23:59, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
>
> >SSSD and LDB have a tight dependency (LDB's fault). We need to run
> >against the same version of LDB that we were built against.
>
> What would be the quick and suitable fix? I do not feel comfortable
> using a manual
> Requires: libldb1 = %(rpm -q --qf="%%{VERSION}" libldb-devel)

In Fedora, that's pretty much exactly what we do:

%global ldb_version 1.1.6
BuildRequires: libldb-devel = %{ldb_version}
Requires: libldb-devel = %{ldb_version}

There isn't really a workaround for it right now. The problem is that
SSSD needs to build a plugin for LDB (our memberOf plugin) and because
of a poor design decision in libldb, modules have to be rebuilt for
every version number bump of the LDB library.

The samba upstream isn't too anxious to fix this, since we're just about
the only project that builds an out-of-tree LDB plugin.