[SSSD] Announcing SSSD 1.9.0 beta 4 / AD 2003

Jakub Hrozek jhrozek at redhat.com
Fri Jul 27 09:03:05 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 12:06:52AM +0300, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 06:22:05PM +0200, Jakub Hrozek wrote:
> > The SSSD team is proud to announce the fourth of six preview releases of
> > version 1.9 of the System Security Services Daemon.
> >
> > We added a new Beta release, called Beta 5, and renamed the previous Beta
> > 5 to Beta 6. Beta 5 will be released next week, tentatively scheduled for
> > next Tuesday, July 17th. This release will include several fixes that
> > the FreeIPA project needs for their next release.
> >
> > Beta 6 will be released on July 31st and will contain a new tool for
> > "seeding" accounts with a temporary password for sending machines to
> > remotees as well as introducing a concept of primary vs. secondary
> > servers.
> >
> > After Beta 6, no new features will be added to SSSD 1.9.0 and we will
> > focus on stability and our backlog of bugfixes until the final release
> > around September 1st. We will most likely issue a series of release
> > candidate builds prior to that, but these have not yet been scheduled.
> >
> > As always, you can download the latest sources at
> > https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/
> >
> > == Highlights ==
> >   * Add a new AD provider to improve integration with Active Directory
> >     2008 R2 or later servers
> >

> If someone has time and energy please test with AD 2003 R2 ..
>
> I think there are still many environments running AD 2003 because earlier
> there was incompatibilities with Linux/ESXi/others with AD 2008
> so 2003 was the more safe version for hybrid environments.
>
> -- Pasi

Testing with Windows Server 2003 would have to be covered by community
effort. Our QE only tests with WS2008. While I believe WS2003 is still
in use, it's been moved to Extended Support by Microsoft anyway.

That said, we're still interested in bug reports and testing results
from people running the SSSD as an WS 2003 client.