[SSSD] Documentation on sssd.api.conf ?

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Mon Jan 30 13:58:32 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-01-30 at 08:54 -0500, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-01-30 at 14:29 +0100, Marco Pizzoli wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> > please could you give some reference about the functionality provided
> > by the sssd.api.conf file?
> > I'm searching on the net but not finding any documentation. Is it a
> > file that need to be managed manually or not?
>

> It should not be manipulated manually. In fact, I've been planning to
> remove it from /etc. It more properly belongs in /usr/share/sssd (since
> it's read-only data).
>
> I've opened https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/ticket/1158 to track this.
>
> Thanks for reminding me!

For more details, the purpose of this file are to make sure that the
parser of the sssd.conf used by the SSSDConfig Python API is up to date.
It's a data file because it will (eventually) be possible to have some
providers available that aren't shipped in the main package. So we want
those packages able to ship their own config api data files.

This is a packager-only feature. End-users need not deal with this.