[SSSD] SUDO Integration - in-memory cache

Jakub Hrozek jhrozek at redhat.com
Wed Jan 25 19:44:40 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 03:10:32PM +0100, Pavel Březina wrote:
> https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/ticket/1111
>
> Requires cn=defaults patches.
>
> Please note, that the new sudo responder option (cache_timeout) will
> be added to SSSDConfig.py as a part of #1144.

Nack,

Please name the new option "sudo_cache_timeout" to avoid name-clash with
the general cache timeout. Cache timeouts are being separated in 1.8
anyway.

Nitpick: sudosrc_cache.c has the diacritics in your surname mangled.

I would prefer to have a different prefix than res_ in struct
sudo_cache_entry. I realize that res is a common name used for
sysdb_attrs but that's largely used as a shorthand for "result". Simply
using "rules" and "num_rules" would be nicer.

The way FQDN-only domains are skipped is different from the
"cn=defaults" patch (and I prefer that approach). In this patch,
only the first domain is checked for being FQDN-only, I think it would
be better to move the check into the loop, or (and that probably better)
move the cache into sudosrv_get_rules().

Also please remove the FIXME from sudosrv_get_rules().