[SSSD] SSSD developer package for 3rd party application integration with IPA

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Thu Aug 30 15:04:03 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-08-30 at 10:33 -0400, Michael Mercier wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if there are any plans to create a sssd-devel package
> that would expose some of the functionality for third party
> applications?
>
> I am specifically interested in accessing the HBAC rules processing
> functions with the ability to be able to pass arbitrary
> username/hostnames.

There is the libipa_hbac-devel package that we already ship. It's used
by the FreeIPA project to produce their HBAC test tool. It allows you to
construct an arbitrary rule set and request set and confirm if it would
pass or fail.

Install the libipa_hbac-devel package and then take a look at the API
documentation at /usr/share/doc/libipa_hbac-devel-1.8.97/html/index.html