[SSSD] Support for subdomains - stage 1

Jakub Hrozek jhrozek at redhat.com
Wed Apr 4 03:38:09 UTC 2012

On Mon, Apr 02, 2012 at 02:54:08PM -0400, Jakub Hrozek wrote:
> That's about halfway into the patchset. I'll continue the review later.

Patch 0010: IPA: Add get-domains target
Please use the new DEBUG level macros.

You should use ipa_parse_search_base(), not sdap_parse_search_base()
in the IPA code.

ipa_subdomains_search_base is not documented and not present in the
configAPI.

ipa_subdomains_parse_results(): please use goto here instead of return
+        if (new_domain_list[c] == NULL) {
+            DEBUG(SSSDBG_OP_FAILURE, ("talloc_zero failed.\n"));
+            return ENOMEM;
+        }

The original review suggested to add a ipa_subdomain_map. If you don't
want to go that route (I would prefer the map, too, there is a map for
every option family in SSSD), please at least #define the attributes
like ipaNTTrustedDomain and ipaNTFlatName to ease changing them later if
needed. Hardcoding attribute names is bad.

Patch 0011: Add domain name to get_account_info request
Ack

Patch 0012: New config options for subdomains
See my reply in the other part of this thread. If you are goig forward
with these options, add them to the configAPI.

Patch 0013: Moved expand_homedir_template() from NSS responder to
utility code
Can you change the DEBUG macros to the new format?

Patch 0014: Add s2n extended operation
Old DEBUG macros again. There is a typo in s2n_response_to_attrs, one of the
debug messages says "go [%s]", should be "got [%s]". Otherwise looks
fine.

Patch 0015: Add ID operations in subdomains
Ack

Patch 0016: Send PAM requests for subdomains to the right provider
Ack

Patch 0017: Basic support for subdomains in auth provider
Ack

Patch 0018: Carry sysdb context and domain info in be_req structure
Ack

Patch 0019: Accept be_req instead if be_ctx in LDAP access provider
Ack

Patch 0020: Detect subdomain request in IPA access provider
Ack

Patch 0021: Utilize sysdb context within be_req in HBAC
Ack