[SSSD] slow logins via ssh

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Mon Sep 26 12:40:44 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-09-26 at 10:10 +1000, GOLLSCHEWSKY, Tim wrote:

> Hi Stephen,
>
> I believe you are right.
>
> This is the "Looking up parent groups for group" section, it only lasts about a second:
<snip>
> Do you think version 1.6.2 will speed up this part of the process?

While working on an unrelated enhancement this weekend, I think I
stumbled across the source of this issue. We're doing too many writes to
the disk due to poorly thought-out transaction logic.

I opened bug https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/ticket/1006 to track the
issue. I'm not sure yet whether this will be fixed in 1.6.2 or if it
will be pushed to a later release. It will be discussed at a triage
meeting later this week.