[SSSD] IPA migration fixes

Jakub Hrozek jhrozek at redhat.com
Sun Sep 25 14:44:55 UTC 2011

On Tue, Sep 06, 2011 at 01:48:00PM -0400, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-08-18 at 18:02 +0200, Jakub Hrozek wrote:
> > >
> > > If you have a running IPA server you can remove the krbPrincipalKey
> > > attribute from a user but keep userPassword. This should trigger sssd to
> > > run the migration code if you try to log in as this user.
> > >
> > > HTH
> > >
> > > bye,
> > > Sumit
> > >

> > If that doesn't work for you, feel free to ping me off list and use my
> > test environment.
>
> I was trying to test this, but instead of quietly creating the kerberos
> password, it's prompting me to change the password. I wonder if this is
> related to LDAP password policy? I cannot ack this until we figure out
> why this is happening.

Interesting, I haven't hit this issue. I have tested the migration with
IPA server nightlies, today it's freeipa-server-2.99.0GITf323d81-0. My
testing involved creating a bunch of users in 389-ds, migrating them to
IPA with the migrate-ds script and then logging in with the LDAP
password.

The login went OK and "klist" shows a ticket was granted, also "ipa
user-show --all --raw" tells the Kerberos attributes were generated,
including krblastsuccessfulauth.

I suggest we discuss the patches on #sssd.