[SSSD] SSSD netgroup issue

Simo Sorce simo at redhat.com
Sat Sep 24 17:57:51 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-09-23 at 17:56 -0600, Francisco Javier MarĂ­n Murillo wrote:
> Ok,  But I set  entry_cache_timeout  to 90 seconds.  The issue is that
> even setting it to 90 seconds or 5 seconds it never times out(even
> after 90 seconds or 5 seconds is expired).  It never ever expires.  I
> have checked the client the next day and the entry is still in the
> database   That is the issue.  What can be causing this ? is
> it something wrong with the sssd service that does not read correctly
> the sssd.conf configurations ?

It would be an issue if you were still getting the old info back on
query when online.

We do not remove the information form the database, we simply mark it
expired, so if you are online and you query the netgroups database sssd
should refresh the information before returning you any result.

If this is failing (ie sssd is returning outdated information while
online and after the cache has expired) please open a ticket as in this
it is a bug.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York