[SSSD] LDAPS Connection error

sssd help sssdhelp at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 15:14:24 UTC 2011

Thanks for the response Jakub,

I meant to update this last night. In my testing I installed
openldap-clients and attempted to do manual ldap searches. LDAPS lookups
were failing but LDAP lookups were fine. I noticed that our RHEL6 machines
were running a different version of openldap than our 6.1 machines. RHEL6
was running openldap-2.4.19 and RHEL6.1 was running openldap-2.4.34. That
turned out to be the issue. I rolled back the version of openldap and SSSD
1.5.1-34 started working brilliantly.

I dont know if this is a known issue or not. It doesnt seem like a problem
with SSSD, seems more like a problem with openldap, and there's a slight
chance it is a custom package because this is actually Oracle Enterprise
Linux 6.1 (aka rebranded RHEL6.1).

Sorry to make added noise in the mailing list but at least this will be on
the tubes if anyone else runs into this issue.

Thanks again,

Brandon